Getex requires relevant contact and other information in order to facilitate its service offerings. This generally includes your name and contact information such as e-mail and postal mail addresses.
In the course of conducting its business, Getex naturally compiles purchase information, such as the time of purchase, the retailer, and the purchase amount.
Getex does NOT receive your credit card number or other personal information that you submit at our featured retailers' websites. We receive only information regarding transactions which we use to credit purchases to your Getex account. In some cases, retailers provide us with the actual product or service purchased. We do NOT use or share this additional information.
We collect the following personal information from you
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
- We also collect the following information from you
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information.
- When you post messages or reviews of Retailers or products, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- If you decide to invite a guest to enjoy your Getex membership, we may collect the guest's name, e-mail address (es), relationship to you, and your year of birth in order to include them in your Account.
- If you decide to invite a third party to create their own account, we will collect your and the third party's name and e-mail address in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party.
- If you use our mobile application, we will periodically collect the GPS data (i.e., location data) and the device information (including the UID) of the handheld mobile device on which the mobile application is installed. If you use our mobile application to use our Site and Services, including sharing content with other users, we will collect information about your use and your shared content and associate that information with your account. We use the information above (collectively, "Mobile App Information"), in part, to provide you location-based information, marketing, information about our Site and Services (including the mobile application), to improve our Site and Services, learn about your habits, and to personalize your user experience. You expressly consent to our collection and use of your Mobile App Information as described above.
- We may also collect other Personal Data from you, including shipping addresses that you may provide, at other points in our Site or Service.
We use your information to facilitate our program offerings. For instance, We may also use the information that you provide to send you updates, news, and other information regarding Getex. Any correspondence that we send will provide you with information and links on how to opt-out, in the event that you no longer wish to receive such correspondence. Getex reserves the right to send you important, non-promotional correspondence regarding your account, even if you have opted out of our other mailings.
Getex does not now, nor will it ever sell or rent any personal information that you share with Getex to any third-party for any reason at any time.
Getex also does not otherwise share personally identifiable information (such as your e-mail address, other contact information, or information regarding your purchases), except as necessary to facilitate payment processing or other service fulfillment operations through third-party partners. In this event, only the minimum information required will be communicated to such third-party providers.
The only exceptions to our policy of not sharing member information are if Getex is required to do so by law, or if ownership of Getex is transferred, at which point it will be necessary to transfer all information to the new owner(s).
Cookies are small text files that a website sends to your web browser. The next time your browser requests information from the website, it sends the information in the cookie back to that website.
When you logoff from Getex, you have the option of deleting this cookie so that you won't be recognized upon your next visit.
Cookies that are set by affiliated retailers when you visit Getex are known as "third-party cookies", since they are not set directly by the site you are visiting (Getex). Cookies that are set by a retailer can only be seen by that retailer. So, for instance, a retailer cannot see another retailer's cookies, nor can a retailer see the cookies that Getex sets.
There are many misconceptions about cookies. Cookies cannot "steal" your personally identifiable information, and they cannot contain any personal information that you did not submit to the website that set the cookie. Also, one website cannot read another website's cookies. As a result, personal information that you enter at one website cannot be seen by another website.
When you shop through Getex, you are redirected to the websites of our featured retailers, where privacy policies may differ from those of Getex. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of our featured retailers, and we encourage you to understand the privacy policies of any websites to which you submit your personal information.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com